Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hello, all! With introductions out of the way, so graciously provided by my beautiful wife, I thought I'd add my two cents...

A new position with JP Morgan Chase will be taking us to Texas, and although Austin was our goal, Houston will be just a quick road trip away. I'll be working as a Portfolio Manager in the Government, Non-Profit and Healthcare Group. I'm VERY excited!

The last three weeks have been a whirlwind. After accepting the offer it feels like we've been on fast-forward ever since.... We had new carpet installed last week; this past weekend (with the help of a very close friend) we tiled the floor of both bathrooms and re-landscaped virtually the entire yard; this week we met with our real estate agent who brought a professional stager that went to town on the house; and after a professional photographer comes in tomorrow,,,,, we'll finally have the house on the market.... It's been crazy!

My start date in Houston is May 2nd, which means I'll be down there for a period of time while Megan and Gaige are still here in Denver trying to get the house sold and wrapping up the school year. It's an exciting time, but I'm dreading being away from my family. The last couple weeks all I've wanted is to spend quality time with the family, but we've been so darn busy....

I guess that's it for now.. Everybody keep your fingers crossed the house goes quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment