Tuesday, April 19, 2011

and so the adventure begins...

I should probably introduce ourselves, although many of you reading this already know us.  Maybe you'll learn something new....

This is Megan, the mom.  aka Dork.  aka Excel Queen.  aka "mom" (this one is still growing on me, the kid has recently transitioned from "mommy" to "mom", at first it was a joke because he knew it upset me, but it's starting to stick, and well, I've moved on to "acceptance).

There's Gaige, the kid..  aka Knucklehead.  aka The Kid (that's how he's saved in my phone).  The funniest, most outgoing, kindest, sweetest, smart-assed, yo-yoing, ten year old artist that I know.  He makes me laugh every day.  He's ticklish just about everywhere (just like his Uncle Ben was when he was a kid).  And even though he's growing up way to fast, he will always be my baby (and I tell him that all the time).

There's JT, the dad.  aka Nerd.  aka Wishes he was the Excel King to my Excel Queen (honey, your skills are sub-par).  My Big-Strong-Strapping-Manly-Man (except when there's a spider in sight).  He is the father to my son.  He makes me want to be a better mother.  He has a laugh that is contagious and a smile that can melt my heart.  He gets me.  He is my lobster.


And then there's Rufus and Sophie, our other "children".  Sophie is a black lab and "Daddy's Little Girl".  She's polite and well-behaved and getting to be kinda bitchy in her old age, but that's part of her charm.  Rufus is a chocolate lab.  He's clumsy and obnoxious and eats poop, but that's part of his charm.

That's us in a nutshell.

We live in Denver (for the time being).....foreshadowing, what foreshadowing?!?!?  JT moved out here in May of 2003.  Gaige and I made our way out here in January of 2005.

We bought our first home in 2008 in a fabulous neighborhood in NE Denver.  Stapleton.  We love our neighborhood, our block, our neighbors. 
AND....

We're in the process of moving back to Texas.  Where I grew up.  Where Gaige was born.  Where JT and I first met.  Where it's HOT and HUMID and HOME.

And that's the adventure we're embarking on.  Moving to Texas. 

Putting our house on the market and moving to Texas. 

JT getting a new job and moving to Texas.  Ahead of us.

And that's why we've created this family blog.  So that we can keep in touch with each other (we're not much for talking on the phone every night), share our progress with our families and friends, and keep track of everything that's going on in two different states. 

.....and so the adventure (and our blogging) begins.

3 comments:

  1. About time you started a blog sister! Way to get with the times... 1999 times that is! ;) hahahaha So excited to know your finally coming home to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got all hooked up with online bill pay too...baby steps!!

    ReplyDelete